Leveraging the Power of LinkedIn
7 Common Mistakes & How to Avoid Them
Fri, Sep 21, 2018 | 9:30 – 11am MST
What is Boost Biz Ed?
Boost Biz Ed is both a networking event and educational event inspired the conviction that small business has the unique opportunity to change the world.
Boost Biz Ed fuels world changers by tapping proven business experts, drawing out transformative insights, and presenting them in a format for easy consumption and intention for immediate action.
How is this event special?
Are you baffled by LinkedIn?
Many people answer “yes,” to this question because several years ago they received a LinkedIn invitation, accepted it, but then did NOTHING!
More often than not they say, “I’m on LinkedIn, but don’t really know what do now that I am.” Or, “I’m there, but haven’t done anything with it because I don’t understand what I’m doing.”
For a business owner or professional, LinkedIn is a strategic social platform that should be in your marketing tool box.
Join Boost Biz Ed when copywriter, author and marketing mentor Debra Jason reveals seven common LinkedIn mistakes that you may be making. Avoid these mistakes and discover how you will be empowered (see the “How will I be empowered to action?” box).
How will I be empowered to action?
- Create a robust profile that encourages engagement
- Discover how you can show up higher in a browser’s search results.
- Get 14-21 times more profile views
- Take advantage of endorsements to boost your authority & social proof
- Turn invitations to connect into conversations
Where is this event?
9200 E Mineral Ave, Centennial, CO, 80112
How do I get tickets?
Who is Debra Jason?
Debra Jason started her copywriting business from scratch – with one client to her name and no degree in marketing. After a consistent and persistent effort to market herself and keep marketing herself, she is proud to be in business – more than 29 years after she opened her doors.
She is the recipient of Boulder Chamber of Commerce’s “Small Business of the Year Award” and the Rocky Mountain Direct Marketing Association’s “Creative Person of the Year Award.”
In addition to her copywriting business, Debra is a national speaker, marketing mentor and the author of the award-winning book, “Millionaire Marketing on a Shoestring Budget™” (Aviva Publishing). She has helped many independent business professionals create robust and optimized profiles that help them open the doors to receiving more opportunities on LinkedIn.
Here’s what past attendees have shared after listening to Debra:
“I learned more in two hours listening and working with Debra than I have been able to accomplish on my own on LinkedIn in the past 6 months. Thank you again for all of your time and expertise!” ~ K. Wexler, Denver, CO
“This presentation was succinct & informative. Key points to help optimize my LinkedIn profile. Debra is very knowledgeable and engaging as a speaker. Would definitely recommend her.” ~ M. Hudson, Boulder, CO
“Super simple to understand. Great information. Debra makes LinkedIn understandable and gives you great tips to make your profile robust.” ~ P. Vorreiter, Parker, CO
Why should I trust Debra?
1. Designed and presented the first social media marketing course at Kaua`i Community College’s Office of Continuing Education and Training.
2. Author of the award-winning book, Millionaire Marketing on a Shoestring Budget™ (Aviva Publishing).
3. Taught workshops for Boulder Digital Arts about LinkedIn, another one about “Millionaire Marketing on a Shoestring Budget.”
4. Taught copywriting program for University of Colorado at Boulder Continuing Education and Boulder Valley School Districts LifeLong Learning (scheduled to teach here again in the Fall 2018).
5. Been guest speaker at several university classes (UNC in Greeley, DU, University of Colorado at Denver).
6. Presented workshops for the Kaua`i Small Business Development Center and the Boulder Small Business Development Center (will be presenting at both again).
7. Member of the National Speakers Association.
8. Past President of the Rocky Mountain Direct Marketing Association. Awarded “Creative Person of the Year.”
9. Presented Pro Mastermind LinkedIn workshop for the National Speakers Association – Colorado Chapter.
10. Awarded “Small Business of the Year” by Boulder Chamber of Commerce for outstanding accomplishment as a single person business, known as the “Lone Eagle” category.
11. Started her copywriting business from scratch – with one client to her name and no degree in marketing. After a consistent and persistent effort to market herself and keep marketing herself, she is proud to be in business – more than 29 years after she opened her doors.