Showcase Yourself on LinkedIn
Wed, May 4, 2016 | 9:30 – 11am
What is Boost Biz Ed?
Boost Biz Ed is both a networking event and educational event inspired the conviction that small business has the unique opportunity to change the world.
Boost Biz Ed fuels world changers by tapping proven business experts, drawing out transformative insights, and presenting them in a format for easy consumption and intention for immediate action.
How is this event special?
Does your LinkedIn profile headline, summary and experience section represent you well? For you to be found on LinkedIn and for people to want to connect with you, these three sections need to do a good job of showcasing you and your brand. Get some tips for ways to stand out on LinkedIn in this interactive session with Joyce Feustel.
How will I be empowered to action?
- Importance of having key words in the headline, summary and experience sections of a LinkedIn profile
- That the profile’s focus should be on the business owner, not on the business in general.
- An attention-getting summary focuses on how you can benefit others, not just list what you have done in your career.
- Make effective use of the description of each position, using short sentences and bulleted lists.
- Volunteer leadership positions belong in the experience section to show your generosity of spirit, paint a broader picture of you, and make it possible for you to get recommendations for how you conducted yourself in those positions.
Where is this event?
Thrive Workplace – Ballpark
1415 Park Ave. West, Denver, CO 80205
Easily accessed from I-25 or I-70. One block from Coors Field. Free 2-hour parking in front of Guirys or Blake Street Tavern, as available. Ample metered parking all around. We are meeting in the basement training room, down the stairs to your right as you enter.